This shit is getting real!

In the last weeks, I realized a lot of things regarding social media.

1. Now I understand why Twitter is so popular.... we don't want to read more than140 characters.. this is for my classmates... I really have tried to read your blog post... but as my last post there are extremely long.. and we don't want to read that much... this one is going to be very short

2. It's really scary how easily you can find someone on the internet with just a picture!!


I did this form my phone while waiting for my girlfriend, it took me less than 3 minutes to find each of the 2 photos Luke gave us!!

Photo provided by professor Luke Greenacre for educational purposes

This was the first photo I searched for and the only thing that I had to do was to upload it on google images
Snapshot of results of Google image
Snapshot of results of Google image



Just search on the results and it looks like the name for this woman is Sarah Lomas


Snapshot of @slomie twitter homepage


With her name I look up on google ant her LinkedIn account pop up, with that information, I now know that she is the head of sales and marketing at the Mayflower theatre trust, and she lives in Southampton in the UK.

the contact details for her work are

Adress:22-26 Commercial Rd, Southampton SO15 1GE, UK

Snapshot of Sarah Lomas LinkedIn homepage

for the dog, it was even easier
Photo provided by professor Luke Greenacre for educational purposes
This was the photo

Snapshot of @jackthe CEO Instagram homepage

This is the Instagram for the dog

At some point it even starts feeling creepy!! then I stop!

Its incredible how easily you can find so much information about a person just from a picture, my only relief its that I tried looking for someone with just a picture taken from my phone and it doesn't work, I'm sure there are places that will do this, but at least its not as easy to look like google!

the amount of information that its out there is impressive, and I think marketers can do a lot, whit these, let's just think what Cambridge Analytica said they do with the info they had... elections for instance...

I'm not going to write more cause no one is going to read it, except you Luke... I know you are reading it cause it's your job and you have to mark it!!!

So last but not least I'll share one of my photos just for the fun, if you like it, you can take a look at my Instagram!!!

https://www.instagram.com/lt30ph/

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lucas Tamayo B with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Melbourne From St. Kilda Pier
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lucas Tamayo B with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 
Autor
Thank you for your time!!! see you next time


Comments

  1. So you have a twitter account? I only go there to gossip 😬. I really don’t like reading. Even 140 characters is too long for me. So, since I’ve read 3 or more post form you, you must be doing something right. Continue sharing you’re class knowledge. And Luke seems like a nice guy. Hope you get a great grade. (Tongue-twisting)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Its really good to engage with readers and know that they like the post! I'll keep posting about my class i hope you keep coming to read it!!

      Luke... there is people cheering for a HD+ here!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Lucas,

    That's a great piece! I also tried to find some information about this person, and wrote an article on my blog (if you want to check that out, the link is https://asocialmedia101.family.blog/). It's crazy how one single picture can reveal so much about an internet user. And it doesn't even look like an extreme case. I might not be using Twitter (which is perhaps the social media platform that is most easily accessible by non-users), but I'm sure that some time and commitment would be enough to figure out where I spent last summer. However, I'm lucky enough to have the same name as dozens, perhaps hundreds of people, so a simple Google search won't do! :D

    Best,
    Alessandro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alessandro!!
      Yeah I also have a common name in multiple languages and countries, but its really weird that now you can find someone with just a picture! I am now taking a look at your blog!! thank you for reading!!

      Hope to see you soon!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!

Popular posts from this blog

I found Luke's Personal Facebook!!!!